Chrysler's College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
As a leading edge company, we are able to provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization based on the candidate's background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in our various new hire programs. Summer internships are primarily located at the Chrysler Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the country.
Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed especially to enhance their knowledge of Chrysler, our products and the Metro Detroit area.
Supply Chain Management Interns experience comprehensive projects in one of the five group departments:
* Demand Planning and Order Management: Responsible for retail and wholesale forecasting, vehicle inventory reporting, analysis and validation, and order confirmation and processing
* Production Planning: Aligns demand plans with production capacities to develop an optimal vehicle demand plan
* Production Programming and Scheduling: Works to resolve production and supplier constraints and establishes plant schedules and supplier releases
* Supplier Delivery Risk Management: Responsible for managing supplier development and system integrations as well as expediting management, and critical part resolution
* Logistics and Customs: Responsible for directing the parts and vehicle transportation, cost and customs management, as well as operating an internal trucking company, Chrysler Group Transport
* Completion of sophomore year
* Working toward a degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Organizational Management or related majors
* GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
* Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing and database applications)
* Previous internship / supply chain experience
* Strong data analysis skills
* Strong interest in automotive industry
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
Login with Facebook