Career Financial Services Accounting, Bookkeeping, And Auditing Clerks Accountant
Careers in Accountant
Hot Job Finds! (58) Jobs Found > Accountant
View Jobs Next >>
(2854) Related Jobs Found > Accountant Next >>
Still can't find what you're looking for? search here:
Employment | Training | Other Qualifications
Advancement | Job Outlook | Earnings | Related Occupations
Sources of Additional Information
accounting jobs as financial record-keepers careers including bookkeeping work, accounting employment, and auditing clerk jobs accounted for 2.1 million accounting jobs in financial services in 2008.
Nature of the Work
financial services workers update and maintain accounting records, calculate expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss.
most financial services jobs operate in an office environment.
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks held more than 2 million jobs in 2004. They are found in all industries and at all levels of government. Local government and the accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and payroll services industry are among the individual industries employing the largest numbers of these clerks. A growing number work for employment services firms, the result of an increase in outsourcing of this occupation. About 1 out of 4 bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks worked part time in 2004.
most accounting jobs require a high school degree at a minimum.
Employment in accounting bookkeeping, auditing is projected to grow by 10 percent during the 2008â€“18 decade, with about 212,400 new accounting jobs expected over the projections decade.
In May 2008, the median annual wages of accounting professionals, bookeeping, and auditing employment were $32,510.
Sources of Additional Information
For information on the Certified Bookkeeper designation, contact:
American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers, 6001 Montrose Rd., Suite 500, Rockville, MD 20852. Internet:
Accounting and Auditing Career Channel
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2006-07 Edition, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos144.htm (visited July 05, 2006).
State Career Channel
Browse Featured Jobs
- Home Health Aide / HHA - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Mosquito Control Technician - Mosquito Squad
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Ongoing Posting: Retail Sales Associate I, Trailhead - Brooks Running
- Talent Acquisition Manager - Us Ecology, Inc.
- Clerical - Pool City
- Sla Transport, Inc - Sla Transport, Inc.
- Multiple Positions - Charleston Water Systems
- Project Designer - Wdg Architecture Pllc
- Carpenter/ Helper - Edw Builders
- Cashier, Deli, Prep, Grill Cook - Los Angeles, Ca Area Jobs
- Gis Supervisor - Snohomish County Dept Of It
- Class A Cdl Van Drivers - Gayle Frerichs Trucking Llc
- Landscape Laborer Ii - Landscapes Unlimited
- Industry Leader Services Wellness Programs - Wellmore
- Service Techs - Blue Ray Mechanical
- Laborers / Form Setters / Finishers / Equipment Operators / Working Foreman - All Pro Pavement