Career Financial Services Accounting, Bookkeeping, And Auditing Clerks Bookkeeper
Careers in Bookkeeper
Hot Job Finds! (11) Jobs Found > Bookkeeper
View Jobs Next >>
(608) Related Jobs Found > Bookkeeper Next >>
Still can't find what you're looking for? search here:
Employment | Training | Other Qualifications
Advancement | Job Outlook | Earnings | Related Occupations
Sources of Additional Information
accounting jobs as financial record-keepers careers including bookkeeping work, accounting employment, and auditing clerk jobs accounted for 2.1 million accounting jobs in financial services in 2008.
Nature of the Work
financial services workers update and maintain accounting records, calculate expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss.
most financial services jobs operate in an office environment.
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks held more than 2 million jobs in 2004. They are found in all industries and at all levels of government. Local government and the accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and payroll services industry are among the individual industries employing the largest numbers of these clerks. A growing number work for employment services firms, the result of an increase in outsourcing of this occupation. About 1 out of 4 bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks worked part time in 2004.
most accounting jobs require a high school degree at a minimum.
Employment in accounting bookkeeping, auditing is projected to grow by 10 percent during the 2008â€“18 decade, with about 212,400 new accounting jobs expected over the projections decade.
In May 2008, the median annual wages of accounting professionals, bookeeping, and auditing employment were $32,510.
Sources of Additional Information
For information on the Certified Bookkeeper designation, contact:
American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers, 6001 Montrose Rd., Suite 500, Rockville, MD 20852. Internet:
Accounting and Auditing Career Channel
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2006-07 Edition, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos144.htm (visited July 05, 2006).
State Career Channel
Browse Featured Jobs
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
- Distribution Center Department Supervisor and Assistant Department Supervisor - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Distribution Center – Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Maintenance Technician - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. NATIONWIDE
- Account Coordinator - Man Made Music
Browse Hot Jobs
- Landscape Workers - Three Oaks Lawn Maintenance
- Over The Road Position | Cdl Driver - Off Spec Solutions Southeast
- Administrative Assistant - City Of Wentzville
- Cdl Truck Driver Over The Road - Northridge Express, Inc
- Pharmacist - Woodinville Medical Center Pharmacy
- Mh Clinician - Rosecrance, Inc.
- Manager, Learning And Development - Sweetgreen
- Office Coordinator - Crary Huff Law Firm
- Maintenance And Operations Supervisor - Clark County Department Of Aviation
- Hr Executive Assistant/benefits Adminsitrator - The News-gazette
- Dentist - Siouxland Community Health Center
- Waiter/ Waitress - Chontong Llc
- Technical Recruiter - Harvey Nash, Inc.
- Removal Person - Desert Memorial Cremation