UN agency gives science journals to LDC researchers
By :GENEVA (Reuters) - A United Nations agency said on Thursday it was giving researchers in least devel
Date posted :2009-07-23 10:14:00
The World Intellectual Property Organization said the 50 LDC countries would get some 64 technical publications free online, while 58 more developing nations would get them for $1,000 a year.
"Access to the knowledge contained in scientific and technical literature is critical to the innovation process," WIPO chief Francis Gurry said, launching the program supported by 12 publishers including John Wiley & Sons, Oxford University Press and Springer Science+Business Media.
WIPO helps companies file for international patent and trademark protection, and works to help governments stop piracy and to protect the intellectual property rights of inventors, entrepreneurs, musicians and writers.
Jayne Marks of the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers said the program would help entrepreneurs find the information they need to make advances in health, farming and the environment.
Other U.N. agencies including the World Health Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization and U.N. Environment Program are also supporting the project.
Read the full article.
Browse Featured Jobs
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Erp Purchasing - Information Services Group
- Materials Coordinator - Teel Plastics
- Chauffeur And Bus Drivers - Metro Cars
- Legal Assistant - Bononi And Company Pc
- Individual Giving Manager - Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation Dba 90.5 Wesa/ Dba 91.3 Wyep
- Support Services Director - The City Of Klamath Falls
- Career Fair On May 3rd - Career Source
- Full Time Mortgage Loan Officer - First State Community Bank
- Television Audience Recruiters - Robert A Brilliant Inc
- Director Of Education - Olympic Peninsula Kidney Centers
- Dental Assistant Ii / Certified Dental Assistant - Sandhills Pediatric And Family Dentistry
- Nurse - Horizon Specialty Hospitals And Desert View Home Health
- Nursing - Berkshire County Sheriff Office
- Paralegal & Legal Secretary - Antioch University N.e.