Conservative US commentator Novak dies aged 78
By : WASHINGTON, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Robert Novak, a conservative political columnist known as the "Princ
Date posted :2009-08-18 12:54:00
Novak stopped writing his column in July 2008 after 45 years when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, saying his prognosis was "dire."
His most famous column, in July 2003, named as a CIA operative Valerie Plame, whose husband Joseph Wilson, a former U.S. ambassador, had publicly criticized the Iraq war.
An investigation into the leak of Plame's name later resulted in the conviction of Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a top aide to then Vice President Dick Cheney, for lying and obstruction.
Novak's column was one of the longest running in the United States with about 300 newspapers across the country printing it each week, according to his home paper, the Chicago Sun-Times. He developed a second career as a television commentator who pulled no punches, first at CNN and later at Fox News.
Novak teamed up with Rowland Evans in 1963 to write the Evans-Novak Political Report, and went on his own after Evans retired in 1993.
Read the full article.
Browse Featured Jobs
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
- Distribution Center Department Supervisor and Assistant Department Supervisor - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Distribution Center – Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Maintenance Technician - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. NATIONWIDE
- Account Coordinator - Man Made Music
Browse Hot Jobs
- Sr Engineer, Product Development - Integra Lifesciences
- Part Time Receptionist/cashier - Romeo Ford
- Data Scientist Ii - Pra, Inc.
- Landscape Workers - Skyview Landscapes, Inc.
- Senior Estimator - Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
- Bus Operators - Long Beach Transit
- Associate Director, Kissinger Center For Global Affairs At Johns Hopkins - Johns Hopkins School Of Advanced International Studies
- Educator - Close Up Foundation
- Bus Drivers Wanted - Minnesota Coaches Inc
- Pharmacy Technician - Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services
- Accounts Payable Clerk - Wilson Trailer
- Curriculum Developer - Tate, Inc
- Director Of Marketing And Communications - University Of Illinois Foundation
- Or Scrub Technician Id 7456 - Colorado Plains Medical Center