Sales : Alabama
Career Channel Articles
Pitfalls to Avoid in your Direct Sales Business
Author: Diana Adams
After being in direct sales for over five years, I have developed a list of pitfalls to avoid in order to reach your goals quickly and efficiently!
Pitfalls to Avoid:
* Lack of Passion - You have to have passion and enthusiasm. Passion and enthusiasm allow you to reach people on a deeper level. It reaches passed the logical/cognitive part of the brain and takes you to the warm and fuzzy place, which gives you the opportunity to start establishing rapport and trust. Whether you are a man or a woman, passion and enthusiasm are essential.
* Inability to Delegate - A note to all my fellow control-freak perfectionists... We gotta let that go! Delegate and hire out all the chores that you absolutely do not have to do yourself. This will allow more creative energy and time for your business. Does it really make sense to spend prospecting time cutting the grass? When you look at it that way, it seems obvious.
* Inconsistency - Ouch. This one hurts. I know, I've been there. Nothing replaces momentum. Momentum is like a rocket. It takes a lot of energy to get it going, and then once you've got it, daily maintenance will keep it going. Don't stop working! If you are like me, you've learned this the hard way. There is nothing more painful than mustering the energy to work double time for two or three weeks of prospecting to get your momentum back. Many people never gain momentum again once it is lost. Again, nothing replaces momentum.
* Excuses - This one is simple. A 35 year old self made millionaire woman once said to me, "Excuses are lies we tell ourselves that no one will believe but us." Do what I did and take the word "can't" out of your vocabulary to put this in perspective.
* Failure to Review your Progress toward your Goals - After your non-negotiable goals are set, your plan is made, you've gone into action... you need to take a periodic check on your progress. You may need to adjust the plan accordingly. The goal never changes, but sometimes the roadmap to get there does. Many times this step is overlooked, and it is so important. In a perfect world, everything would flow according the original plan, but more often than not, you'll need to tweak things a bit.
If you have experienced all these pitfalls, like I have, I have great news... That is fantastic! That means you are closer to achieving your goals than you may have realized! It is all just part of the journey we take on road to the success we desire and deserve!
For more about this author, visit www.fortunesolutions.net
About the author:
Diana Adams is a Director in Emerald Passport with the Profit Masters Team. She is currently looking for other like-minded individuals interested in Leadership, Marketing and Business Development. www.fortunesolutions.net & www.writeyourownpaycheck.net View Article Source:
Back to Previous Page
Careers in Sales
Browse Featured Jobs
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Chemist - Fgl Environmental Agricultural
- Mitigation Specialist - Federal Public Defenders
- Parking Services Officer, Senior Project Manager - City Of Aspen
- Pharmacy Director - Centerpointe Hospital
- Now Accepting Applicants - Fimco Industries
- Sous Chef & Pt Pizza Cook - Mezzaluna Restaurant
- Aod Program Specialist - Alpine County, Ca
- Maintenance I Worker - City Of Duvall
- Associate Of Full Professor Of Education Research - University Of South Alabama
- Loan Processor - Crescom Bank
- Press Brake Operators - Precision Cut Industries
- Brightview Landscape - Los Angeles, Ca Area Jobs
- Biller / Coder - Allegan County Community Mental Health
- Billing Specialist - Oak Orthopedics