What The Nation Needs Are Leaders Who Build Up People
Summary:News say that Donald Trump recently ridiculed a reporter from the New York Times at a South Carolina rally for the reason that the said reporter "failed to corroborate the Republican presidential candidate's claim that Muslims in New Jersey cheered the toppling of the World Trade Center."
In an update to that, another Yahoo news also say that 'Trump started to launch an all-out attack on The Times earlier this week when the paper criticized him for mocking one of its reporters, Serge Kovaleski. "We think it's outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters," a Times spokeswoman told Politico.[...] The Republican presidential front-runner responded by firing off a raging tweetstorm and multiple statements blasting The Times and accusing the reporter of "using his disability to grandstand."'
In that same update, Trump reportedly defended himself, denying he mocked Kovaleski as he gave some lame excuses.
Comment:Each and everyone has a moral duty to build up one another, more so public figures, for they are supposed to be the vanguards and role models of good morals.
Yet there must be something about running for public office - especially for the highest position in the land - that motivates some candidates to unwittingly stoop to a level thinking it will generate them more mileage and votes by resorting to weak tactics as name-calling, mocking already marginalized people like those with disabilities. Just like what businessman and presidential hopeful Donald Trump displayed at a public gathering.
Such condescending behavior - "Trump's hand gestures appeared to many, including Kovaleski, to mock the reporter's disability that limits his hand movements" - is not worthy of praise, emulation, much less public trust and being the President of the United States.
In what seems to be adding more insult to injury is the reported ranting by Trump against the newspaper for which Serge Kovaleski works, and even projecting to them his own misdeed: "using his disability to grandstand;" ... He's using what he's got to such a horrible degree. I think it's disgraceful."
America's marginalized sectors, including people with disability, need leaders to back them up, to uphold their dignity and rights. America deserves much more than ranters and jokers who cannot even be held accountable for their demoralizing actions.
At a time when the fabric of the nation is being torn at the seams by a lot of negativity, what it truly needs are leaders who build up people, not mock them for personal gains.
Care to share your thoughts?
Browse Featured Jobs
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
- Distribution Center Department Supervisor and Assistant Department Supervisor - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Distribution Center – Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Devens, MA
- Maintenance Technician - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. NATIONWIDE
- Account Coordinator - Man Made Music
Browse Hot Jobs
- Machine Shop Programmer - Central Precision
- Contract Drivers - Honeycutt Inc.
- Staff Auditor - Payne & Smith, Llc
- Opc's And Greeter's - Resort Stay International
- Pool Service Tech - Charleston, Sc Area Jobs
- Risk - Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Drivers - Peak 1 Express
- Menards Morning Stock Hiring Fair - Menards
- Port Executive Director - Port Of Friday Harbor
- Casino Internal Audit Director - Las Vegas Area Jobs
- Cook, Japanese Food - Hunan Palace
- Se Izova Brusi - Precision Dormer Llc
- Waiter/ Waitress - Thai Winchester
- Apartment Renovator - Georgetown Apartments