"Ability for Hire" Campaign Launched
By: DiversityWorking Press
Date Posted: August 23, 2015
News Source: South Dakota's Department of Human Services
The Department of Human Services of South Dakota announced through a press release the launching of its "Ability for Hire" campaign, the goal of which is to "to promote the benefits of, as well as change public perceptions about, hiring people with disabilities."
The campaign started on August 11, and information about it was spread through "TV and radio outreach, informative videos, employer/employee testimonials, print materials and more."
The press release quoted DHS Secretary Gloria Pearson. “At its heart, Ability for Hire is about seeing the ability of a person instead of the disability – and all the possibilities that are opened by taking that step,” said DHS Secretary Gloria Pearson. “Employers in South Dakota are currently having a hard time meeting their staffing needs due to a low unemployment rate, and Ability for Hire will show them there is an untapped workforce waiting. It’s a win-win for businesses in South Dakota and the many qualified individuals with disabilities who want to work.”
What makes the "Ability for Hire" campaign is its two-fold aim of educating employers as well as the public, the press release stated.
Moreover, the launching of the campaign came at a most opportune time at the the heels of the 25th anniversary of the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act.
In a column he issued coinciding with the launching, South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard wrote: My goal is to make South Dakota an "employment first state." This means making employment the first priority and the preferred outcome for our citizens with disabilities.[...] I am also challenging the state of South Dakota to become a model employer of people with disabilities. - <a href="http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/opinion/columns/3814800-opinion-pay-attention-ability-hire">click here</a>
DiversityWorking.com, the largest diversity job board online, is a career opportunity resource and job search engine for the cultural diversity marketplace. Through DiversityWorking.com, you can optimize your veteran job search for your diversity and equal opportunity employment needs. Visit <a href="http://www.diversityworking.com" target="_blank">DiversityWorking</a> now.
Read the full article at South Dakota's Department of Human Services
Archives - Person with Disability
Browse Featured Jobs
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Commercial Business Sales Manager - Lennox International Inc.
- District Human Resources Manager - Christmas Tree Shops
- Electrician - United Aluminum Corp.
- Bench Hand - Forge Die & Tool
- Computer Support Specialist - Ft Express Llc
- Visitor Services Manager - Burke Museum
- Caregiver - Meadowlark Gardens
- Coordinator - Murray State University
- Nursing - Wsesu
- General Labor - Solomon Plumbing
- Direct Care Team Members - Special Tree Rhabilitation
- Inside Salespeople - Royal Publishing Company
- Assistant City Attorney - City Of Longview
- Building & Grounds Maintenance Worker - Town Of Williston