Women Career News Resources
Women News Flash
- Companies pitch flextime as 'macho' to retain women (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
Here's a novel approach to keeping women in the work force: Focus on men. Some employers are trying to overcome a perceived stigma on flexible work schedules -- often viewed as a concession to women -- by redefining the issue as a quality-of-life concern for everyone.
- AAN Diversity Intern Enjoys "Refreshing" Break From MSM (Association of Alternative Newsweeklies (AAN))
Being a young journalist of color is a role Victoria Williams takes seriously.
- The Road (The Memphis Flyer)
Even in the small contemporary-fiction sub-genre we might call "The Post-Apocalypse Tales," this new book by Cormac McCarthy, master of bleak, blasted landscapes, stands out.
- R. Nicholas Burns - Department Awards Ceremony (Scoop.co.nz)
R. Nicholas Burns, Under Secretary for Political Affairs DG Staples, honorees, distinguished guests, colleagues and friends. It is a great pleasure for me to participate in todayâ€™s program. Our honorees have demonstrated their commitment to public service in a variety of ways around the world.
- Pharmacyâ€™s new face: Asian, African â€” and female (Gazette.Net)
BALTIMORE â€” The lobby of the beige brick building on Pine Street is alive with color: showy African gowns printed in gold, black, red and green vie for prominence with embroidered Mexican blouses and Brazilian soccer jerseys in blinding yellow.
- ArtsCenter has music on tap to promote Ipas cause (The Herald-Sun)
he ArtsCenter in Carrboro is hosting its annual benefit for Ipas Saturday evening. Ipas has been advocating for women?s sexual and reproductive rights on a global scale for the past three decades, and ArtsCenter has some music on tap to promote the Ipas cause. The concert promises remarkable diversity, with featured performers Katharine Whalen and Mamadou Diabate and his band.
- 12-15-06 EUR ALL ON ONE PAGE (Eurweb)
JENNIFER HUDSON GOLDEN GLOBE EXCLUSIVE: Actress talks to EUR about nomination; plus, Smith, Whitaker, Murphy, Beyonce and Ejiofor score. *You know what they sayâ€¦Golden Globe nominations are good indications as to who will receive Oscar nominations several weeks down the road.
- LOCAL NEWS (Daily Record)
Tuition will rise for the sixth time since 2002 at the County College of Morris, which is dealing with flat state aid and rising health care and energy costs.
- CD Reviews (winnipegsun.com)
Few rappers put out two albums in eight months. Fewer still put out two good ones. Ghostface Killah is the big fish in that small pond.
- sun calendar (The Wheaton Sun)
Friday, Dec. 8
- Girl Scouts are more than cookies (The Sacramento Bee)
The talk ranged from liposuction to anorexia to an R&B star's hairstyle.
- Skating Spectacular is dazzling (Greeley Tribune)
LOVELAND - The Budweiser Event Center's ice rink will be on fire next week as Olympic gold medalists and other champion skaters take to the ice in the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular.
- BCS Awards: The right balance (Computer Weekly)
The GCS Women in IT Award recognises employers that encourage diversity at work
- You're Hired (HispanicBusiness.com)
Talent and ambition alone don't necessarily guarantee success â€“ some people need an opportunity to show what they're made of. For Victor Garcia, that opportunity came through the Fox News Apprentice Program.
- ISU College of Agriculture awards presented Oct. 20 (High Plains Journal)
Two men who have made important contributions to the agriculture industry were honored Oct. 20 as part of an Iowa State University Alumni Association awards ceremony. Both awards are given annually by the Iowa State College of Agriculture.
Browse Featured Jobs
- Home Health Aide / HHA - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Mosquito Control Technician - Mosquito Squad
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Route Driver - Culligan Water
- Assistant Superintendent Of Schools - Susquehanna Valley Csd
- Museum Guide - Aspen Art Museum
- Production Employees - Alsco
- Carpenters / Concrete Finishers / Laborers - Jim Cooley Construction Llc
- Primary Therapist - Monarch School
- Cleaners & Painters - Crystallized Cleaning & Painting
- Animal Care/customer Care - Capital Humane Society
- Technician Microbiology Major Manufacturing Degree - Martech Research Lc
- Direct Support Professionals - Res Care
- Driver - Grand County Senior Services Nutrition
- Family Dentist, Substance Abuse Counselor - Family Health Centers, Inc
- Hvac Technician - American Campus Communities
- Otr Class A Cdl Drivers - Lte Logistics Llc