POSITION: Director of Development (full time, exempt)
Supervisor: Head of School
Supervises Development Associate
Effective Date: As soon as possible (position revamped)
The Director of Development implements the mission, and strategic plan approved by the Board of Trustees and, as a member of the administrative team, contributes to the operational and strategic leadership of the school.
The Director of Development creates and oversees the implementation of all fundraising programs which include annual giving, the annual gala and auction, major gifts, capital campaigns, and endowment fundraising. The Development Director will also manage donor relations, identify new prospects,
The Director of Development serves also as liaison with the parents' committee and alumni.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the engagement & philanthropy committee to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Monitor trends in the community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
- Identify individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities.
- Oversee the administration of a donor database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
Staff fund development activities
- In consultation with the Head of School, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified fund development staff when needed.
- Engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management systems.
Manage fund development budget & Report
- Collaborate with various committees and staff to develop an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary.
Engage the school community
- Design and execute a structured school community engagement plan; develop community outreach activities.
- Coordinate community relations activities. Serves as liaison with the parents' committee, volunteers and alumni.
- Propose and implement employee, and volunteers' recognition program.
Promote the organization (in collaboration with the Director of Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations)
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
Login with Facebook