DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
OPERA America, the national nonprofit service organization for opera, headquartered at the National Opera Center in midtown New York City, seeks a Director of Finance and Operations to support our mission-driven initiatives. The Director of Finance and Operations is OPERA America's senior financial officer and, working with the Director of Programs and Services, oversees the efficient and effective operation of the entire organization.
Reporting to the President/CEO, s/he is responsible for the development and oversight of annual and future budgets and management of OPERA America's investment portfolio; oversight of the National Opera Center; development and refinement of information systems and organizational website; supervision of research and related data collection and reporting; management of logistics for convenings and events; and management of HR procedures and benefits.
The Director of Finance and Operations oversees the work of OPERA America's Controller and Operations Coordinator, Research Manager and events and technology team. S/he works collaboratively with the Director of Programs and Service and is the primary liaison between the Chief Information Officer and staff.
- Leads the company's financial department, including management of the Controller and Operations Coordinator.
- Works collaboratively with the President/CEO and all Directors to create annual income and expense budgets.
- Works collaboratively with the President/CEO and all Directors to monitor contributed and earned income, pledges and expenses in order to achieve balanced budgets and cash flow management.
- Generates all financial reports for the General Director, Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Audit Committee and for grant proposals and reports.
- Serves as the primary liaison to OPERA America's Investment Managers, prepares quarterly performance reports and coordinates quarterly meetings of the Investment Advisory Committee.
- Manages and coordinates the membership Finance Network and Finance Forum.
National Opera Center
- Working with the National Opera Center Director, oversees the effective operation of the facility.
- Provides support to ensure steady and effective promotion of the facility and related services.
- Reviews need for and recommendations of new/replacement equipment.
- Monitors staffing needs to ensure responsible coverage and customer service during hours of operation.
- Prepares weekly revenue reports to measure progress toward goals.
- Works across departments and with the President/CEO to support the National Opera Center Board of Overseers.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Chief Information Officer and staff to design and refine all internal operating systems and the organization's website.
- Oversees the Facilities and Technology Manager to ensure that all hardware is operating effectively and that upgrades are made, as appropriate.
- Coordinates contact with and work of outside service provider(s).
- Provides direct supervision of the Research Manager.
- Oversees maintenance and development of OPERA America's informational resources.
- Monitors member completion/updating of required and optional surveys and databases.
- Reviews benchmark analyses and standard/customized research reports to members, funders and the media.
- Prepares annual Professional Opera Survey and Annual Field Report.
- Maintains relationships with outside service providers to extend OPERA America's research capacity.
- Oversees the work of the events staff to ensure that OPERA America conferences, forums, Board meetings and receptions are planned and executed in a manner that maintains high standards for effectiveness and hospitality.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts with vendors for hotels, transportation, catering and technology services, as required.
- Ensures that all human resource policies are maintained and adhered to by all those working for the organization.
- Performs all Human Resource-related duties, including maintaining and distributing employee handbooks, and administering the company's benefits program including health care, 403B retirement plan, life insurance, vacation and sick leave.
- Works with vendors and consultants to improve staff management and employee effectiveness.
- Oversees the organization's annual performance review process and serves as the chief point of communication for employee performance.
- Conducts new employee orientation and exit interviews for all staff.
- Maintains emergency handbook and procedures.
OPERA America (operaamerica.org), the national nonprofit service organization for opera, leads and serves the entire opera community, supporting the creation, presentation and enjoyment of opera. Founded in 1970, OPERA America is headquartered in New York City at the National Opera Center. OPERA America has a long tradition of supporting opera companies and artists to advance the field. Over the past 25 years, the organization has awarded nearly $13 million in grants to develop new operas and music-theater works, foster innovative opera productions, engage audiences for opera, and increase diversity across the field. In addition, OPERA America provides travel grants that allow members to participate in Network Forums and attend performances of new North American works.
Full-Time/Exempt. Salary up to $100,000. OPERA America provides health benefits, a pension package, paid vacation and life insurance to all full-time employees.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Marc Scorca, President/CEO, at email@example.com. Your application materials must clearly demonstrate how your experience, knowledge and skills qualify you for the position as outlined above.
Login with Facebook