Director, Cross-portfolio - Global Consumer Insights Located At Ca, El Segundo - Job Post By: Mattel
As a leader in the Global Insights organization, the Director will:
• Lead cross-portfolio consumer research and insights initiatives, including but not limited to US and global brand equity measurement, ad testing, product testing, survey tools and communities, etc. Lead Mattel partnerships with external research organizations on co-sponsored work, i.e. media agencies, universities, other Mattel partners, etc.
• Partner cohesively with the brand-focused consumer insights leads to ensure that cross-portfolio work is seamlessly integrated with brand-specific insights. Partner with the broader Insights leadership team across business and consumer; avoid silos and seek out ways to add value by synthesizing and collaborating across the teams.
• Ensure that all outputs are actionable, grounded in consumer knowledge, and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications. Inspire the team to uncover the “so whats” of all deliverables.
• Convey findings, through both written reports and presentations, in a concise and compelling way. Connect the dots from other learnings throughout the Insights organization (business, shopper, and other areas of consumer) to tell a holistic and insightful story that will guide decision-making.
• Be an indispensable partner to Mattel and brand leadership by providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer, and by identifying and prioritizing opportunities that impact all brands and/or markets.
• Design, coordinate and execute strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects. Plan and field primary research projects involving a wide range of methodologies, such as focus groups, online tools, immersions, ethnographies, and simulated shopping methodologies.
• Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs.
• Oversee supplier relationships, managing scope, budget and deliverables.
• Manage, coach, and develop a small team.
• Able to remove barriers to speed to make Mattel a more nimble business and organization
• Able to encourage teams to challenge the status quo and always dare to be better
• Able to convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders
• Graduate level degree (MA, MS, MBA or PhD) in business or social sciences is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• A minimum of 10-15 years of consumer research/insights experience in a high performing, multi-national CPG and/or integrated agency environments with a proven track record of driving change and top tier business performance
• Substantial experience conducting global research projects with a sensitivity to the differences among other countries and cultures
• Experience and demonstrated results in transforming an organization to become consumer- and market- insights driven; demonstrated ability to build advocacy for consumer insights within an organization
• Individual must have a passion for data and be able to interpret and educate users and clients for maximum understanding and application to the business strategy
• Experience tailoring communications to different audiences and communicating to all levels of stakeholders: executive leadership, brand and design, agency and research partners, etc.
• Ability to synthesize qualitative insights from a variety of methods into coherent strategic frameworks
• Superior report writing and presentation skills, along with exceptional listening skills
• Seasoned and strategic multi-tasker
• Be detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective
• Strong leadership skills with experience managing and developing a staff
• Knowledgeable about the latest developments and research innovation (both methodological and analytical)
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
• Ability to read and respond to cultural cues to make the greater enterprise more effective.
Date Posted: 2017-02-09
Minimum Education: Unspecified
Login with Facebook