Full-Time Medical Biller Needed in growing Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation office. Responsible for assisting in review and processing of insurance authorizations, claims, transmittals, A/R, and performing other billing duties as assigned. Must have minimum of 2-3 years' experience with medical billing processes. Experience with eClincalworks preferred. Competitive Pay. Preferred Medical Billing or Coding Certificate.
Mail Resume to: PO Box 64575 Fayetteville, NC 28306 or Fax to (910) 425-1110.
Medical Billing Job Duties:
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
Login with Facebook