MT (ASCP) registration, equivalent or eligible, preferred
Good oral, written and electronic data communication skills enabling the translation of facts to/from a variety of sources both within and outside of the laboratory.
Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to work with and interpret numbers and figures. Ability to manage time, organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards and cope with professional stress.
Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology and a successful completion of?twelve month?internship in an approved clinical program.
4 years training/experience in all clinical areas of our laboratory. Management?experience,preferred.
1. Understands and lives the Hospital’s values. Models these values throughout the Hospital. Demonstrates professional image / attitudes for patients, families, clients, coworkers, physicians and others. Maintains excellent communications with others.
2. Provides complete accountability for Hospital’s Laboratory Department. Is accountable and responsible for the following functions: staffing and scheduling of employees; employee adherence to personnel policies and procedures; communications; recruitment of new employees; retention of existing employees; employee recognition, discipline and regular performance reviews; departmental employee morale; physician relations; troubleshooting, equipment oversight and maintenance; compliance; etc.
3. Provides technical laboratory services as necessary to cover department operations. Meets all age-specific and other required departmental competency requirements
4. Understands completely the Hospital’s clinical medical information system and helps troubleshoot clinical related issues and trains others on proper use of clinical system. Works closely with the Hospital’s Information Technology Director and IT Clinical Director in planning and implementing improvements to the information system, as it affects the Laboratory
5. Is a member of the Hospital’s Department Leadership Council, the Hospital’s Environment of Care and Employee Health committees, Patient Care Council, and other committees / councils as assigned
6. Participates in personal and departmental continuing education and employee development activities
7. Adheres to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations and Ohio County Hospital, and sees that all departmental employees do likewise
8. Is responsible for making recommendations and assisting with efforts to grow Hospital Laboratory business
9. Works with CFO in developing the departmental operating and capital budgets, and is responsible to see that profit margins achieve (or exceed) budgeted parameters
10. Sets annual objectives to achieve Hospital Greatness. Reports monthly on accomplishment of objectives
11. Maintains an acceptable attendance record which includes less than 6 episodes of illness in a year, and less than 3 episodes of illness in any 3 month period
12. Responsible to the Hospital’s Chief Compliance Officer for the development of departmental compliance plans. Assures all departmental activities are carried out in full compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, guidelines, policies & procedures
13. Provides other assistance as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
Login with Facebook