The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is currently considering applicants for the position of Librarian. The Librarian reports to the Senior Director of Library and Archives and performs descriptive cataloging of library resources; assists in providing instruction and reference service and engaging users through outreach activities; assists in the collection development of library resources; and supervises the work of the Library Assistant, interns, and volunteers.
- Performs descriptive cataloging of library resources in the Library & Archives.
- Performs original and copy cataloging and physical processing of library resources, including books, dissertations, periodicals, sound and video recordings, music scores, and electronic resources.
- Performs subject analysis and classification.
- Remains current on national standards for descriptive cataloging practices and revisions in cataloging rule interpretations for music materials.
- Documents and maintains the policies and procedures manual for cataloging in the Library & Archives.
- Works with vendors to procure cataloging tools and resources; orders supplies needed for physical processing of library resources.
- Works with the Rock Hall's technology team and archivists to determine technology needs for the Library & Archives and to ensure the institution's adherence to current metadata standards.
- Along with all Library & Archives staff, works regularly scheduled shifts at the Information Desk and provides reference service to Rock Hall staff and visitors.
- Works with the Director of Archives and the Senior Director of Library & Archives to provide instruction sessions about Library & Archives resources and services to Rock Hall staff, teachers, and students.
- Provides orientations and tours to classes and other visitors as needed.
- Compiles usage statistics for library materials as needed.
- Works with the Senior Director of Library & Archives to develop and produce public events at the Library & Archives.
- Collaborates with the Rock Hall's marketing and communications teams to engage users about library resources via the Rock Hall's website and social media platforms.
- Works with the Director of Archives to create and update research guides and online tutorials on the Rock Hall website.
- Monitors the Library & Archives section of the Rock Hall website to ensure online content is up to date.
- Assists in outreach to educators, students, media, and other organizations to increase awareness of Library & Archives collections.
- Assists the Senior Director of Library & Archives in the evaluation and selection of library resources, including books, dissertations, periodicals, sound and video recordings, music scores, and electronic resources.
- Works with vendors to acquire, renew, and cancel print subscriptions and electronic resources as needed.
- Weeds and deaccessions library resources as needed.
- Represents the Library & Archives to Rock Hall staff, including participation in interdepartmental meetings and committees.
- May represent the Rock Hall to the academic and library communities at local and/or national professional meetings.
- Interacts with vendors and donors as needed.
Login with Facebook