Maintenance Operator The Town of Dillon is accepting applications for a qualified FT/YR Maintenance Operator in the Public Works Department. Heavy equipment experience, Commercial drivers license required. $19.45-23.34/hr DOE.
Job Overview: Performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance work and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of Town water, sewer, street, storm drainage, parks, buildings and cemetery systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
• Operates construction or power equipment, such as front-end loader, back-hoe, grader, street sweeper, snowplow, and skid-steer loader.
• Operates jackhammers, mowers and other small equipment and tools.
• Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to Supervisor or Town Mechanic; cleans equipment.
• Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
• Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including pavement cutting, patching holes, ditch digging, main and pipe repair, laying and backfilling.
• Assists in street maintenance, snow removal and sanding operations.
• Assists in constructing and erecting traffic and information signage.
• Controls traffic at work sites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
• Assists in maintenance and upkeep of Town facilities and grounds, including parks and cemetery.
• Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Assists in the training of lower level employees to increase their skills in the maintenance, construction and repair of water, sewer, street, storm drainage, parks, buildings and cemetery facilities.
• Performs other related work as assigned. (Examples listed may not include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equipment Used: Motorized vehicles and equipment, including dump truck, pickup truck, street sweeper, back-hoe, front-end loader, grader, skid-steer loader, tamper, plate compactor, saws, pumps, compressors, sanders, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, mobile radio, phone.
Application and job description may be obtained on-line at townofdillon.com
Login with Facebook