MECHANICExternal Job Title Bottling Maintenance Electro-Mechanic
Function Supply Operations
Type of Job Employee
Country United States
Town/City Plainfield, IL
North America State/Province Illinois
External Job Description
Are you looking for a company with growth potential?
Diageo is the name behind many of the worldâ€™s best loved premium drinks brands, including Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys J&B, Captain Morgan, and Tanqueray. We employ 24,000 people in 180 markets across the world to deliver profitable, sustainable growth for our shareholders. As a company, we want to be famous for our people, our performance and our brands. Construction is complete on the transformation of the Plainfield plant and that is designed to accommodate Smirnoffâ€™s successful line of cocktails and other core Diageo brands. The Plainfield facility is one of the largest combined spirits and malt beverage plants in the world.
Diageo North America is seeking an experienced mechanic with previous experience working on bottling lines. Experience with Krones equipment is plus. This role is a 12 hr night shift position, that works on a 3 day week and 4 day week rotation, working every other weekend. Starting pay is $34.15 per hour plus zero cost full medical benefits, 401k, pension etc.
* Install, operate and maintain packaging/bottling and labeling equipment
* Troubleshoot electrical systems, electrical photoeyes, and relays
* Read and program programmable logic controls
* Working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) (i.e. understanding instructions, editing documentation, and/or navigation for A-B PLC-5, A-B SLC-500, ControlLogix, Drive Executive, Devicenet/Conrolnet/Ethernet)
* Oversee packaging facility and ensure repairs are done and equipment is ready
* Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (i.e. pinpointing and repairing problems associated with high speed manufacturing line breakdowns)
* Working with hydraulic systems (i.e. understanding high-pressure cylinders, pumps, or valves and reading schematics and using for troubleshooting in high-speed manufacturing)
* Working with pneumatics (i.e. working with solenoids, cylinders, or motor brakes and reading schematics and using for troubleshooting in high speed manufacturing)
* Working with electrical systems (i.e. working with high voltage, installation, frequency drive experience, motor testing, troubleshooting, or panels in high speed manufacturing)
* Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
* Line manufacturing support systems (i.e. ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery)
* Conveyors and airveyors (i.e. air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed control/VFDs)
Applicants must have the following experience to be considered:
* Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
* Must have PLC and/or a strong electrical background
* Minimum 3 years of work experience in installing, operating, trouble-shooting and maintaining packaging/bottling and labeling equipment
* Experience in a fast-paced packaging facility preferred
* Knowledge of hydraulics
* Knowledge of pneumatics
* Knowledge of power transmission
* Must have own hand tools
* Maintenance experience is required
This position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. Successful applicants must be able to pass a background check, drug test and physical.
Our roles are both stretching and rewarding, designed to assist you in your current and future aspirations supported by Partner's for Growth, our approach to performance, development and career management. We believe our passion is obvious, and infectious. If you share our commitment to doing the best you can do, and for being the best you can be, this could be the start of a rewarding journey.
Login with Facebook