DiversityWorking ~ FAQ
Diversity in the Workplace
- If ever I get employed, what if I encounter discrimination in the company? How should I handle it?
- Why are diversity employees so valuable in a company?
Q: If ever I get employed, what if I encounter discrimination in the company? How should I handle it?
As an employee, you should know your rights.
You should defend your rights if they are being
violated. There is a federal law that prohibits
discrimination in the workplace, in terms of hiring,
firing, and promotions. A complete list of employees'
rights is outlined in the U.S. Equal Employment
Opportunity Commision Website.
Be civil in every step that you'll take. Reassess the situation, and calmly discuss it with your employer. The last thing that you want is to be involved in a stressful litigation process. But if the company insists on transgressing the law, you are left with no recourse but to consult with a lawyer, who would assist you in presenting your case.
*For more tips on handling discriminatory practices, visit the NOLO Employment Law Legal Encycopedia
Q: Why are diversity employees so valuable in a company?
Many companies recognize the benefits of having
a diverse staff. Diversity consultant Michael
Lee highlights the advantages of workplace diversity,
Increased creativity - Every culture is beset with the same problems that are generally experienced at work, and each has developed its own approach to resolve them.
Increased productivity -This would help bring the best out of the employees from different races who are united to achieve a specific goal.
Improved negotiation skills -The American way of doing business is not the only profitable way. Different cultures can contribute their methods
of negotiation so the company can easily adapt to different environments.
New language skills - Through the different languages spoken by the diverse employees, the issue of the language barrier will also be addressed. A Chinese American employee can entertain a potential business partner who is not very adept with the English language.
Global understanding - Cross-cultural knowledge will make the company more dynamic. Our world is faced with the challenge of globalization. Companies aim to market their services to a global audience. What better way to meet the needs of a diverse community than to have employees who can empathize with them? The presence of diverse employees mirrors the social structure, and this leads to a better understanding of the demands of the business marketplace.
New processes and new solutions to difficult problems -Various cultures bring in more ideas. More ideas mean more strategies. More strategies increase the chance of the problems to be solved.
Browse Featured Jobs
- eCommerce Marketing Manager - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Springfield, MO
- Distribution Center -- Maintenance Technician - O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. MA, NH
- *Join Us For a Career Fair* - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc Devens, MA
- Bilingual Clinician Westchester, NY - The Children's Village
- Development Coordinator - NewSchools Venture Fund
- Route Driver - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Greensboro, NC
- Openings for Recreation Department - The Children's Village
- Urgent Care Provider / Nurse Practitioner - Community Health Center, Inc.
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Local Delivery Driver – Non CDL - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Aurora, CO
- Warehouse Worker – Material Handler - O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. Belleville, MI
- Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem - Interim Healthcare
- Medicaid Collector - Interim Healthcare
Browse Hot Jobs
- Laborer - City Of Alma
- Professor Of Social And Behavioral Sciences - Temple University
- Director Of Purchasing & Contracting - Shippensburg University
- Truck Driver/dock Workers - Salvation Army
- Now Hiring - Chewy
- Managing Director - Thirdcoastfestival.org
- Assistant Property Accountant - Bromley Hall
- Pilot - Seattle, Wa Area Jobs
- Part - The Salvation Army
- Cleaning Positions - Rolling Hills Industries
- Seasonal Operations Maintenance Workers - North Tahoe Public Utility District
- Administrative Assistant - Shining Stars Foundation
- Biller / Coder - Allegan County Community Mental Health
- Rn/rn Super/lpn/cna/rcna - Hallmark Healthcare